How to say SLA in Finnish
Would you like to know how to translate SLA to Finnish? This page provides all possible translations of the word SLA in the Finnish language.
a bar to fasten a door etc
We have a bolt as well as a lock on the door.
to hit hard (usually without aiming carefully)
She slogged him with her handbag.
to strike or hit repeatedly
Beat the drum.
to strike with a lash
He lashed the horse with his whip.
to use a bat
He bats with his left hand.
a catch of wood or metal used to fasten a door etc
She lifted the latch and walked in.
a type of green plant with large leaves used as a salad.
(of a clock) to indicate the time by chiming
The clock chimed 9 o'clock.
(of a gun) to jerk or spring back violently when fired.
to beat or throb.
to cause to move, especially to fall, by hitting (often accidentally)
She knocked a vase on to the floor while she was dusting.
to cut (grass etc) with a scythe or mower
He mowed the lawn.
to hit or strike violently, often making a loud noise
The child banged his drum; He banged the book down angrily on the table.
to hit with the fist
He punched him on the nose.
to make hard contact with (something), and force or cause it to move in some direction
The batsman hit the ball (over the wall).
to strike (the ball) with a bat
He batted the ball.
to win against
She beat me in a contest.
a bar on the door.
to crush (a fly etc) by slapping it with something flat
He swatted the fly with a folded newspaper.
to put into a certain state or position by hitting
He knocked the other man senseless.
to turn a telephone dial to get a number
She dialled the wrong number.
to hit hard
He drove a nail into the door; He drove a golf-ball from the tee.
to move in a regular rhythm
My heart is beating faster than usual.
(slang) to strike someone hard with the fist
He socked the burglar (on the jaw).
to do better than (a sporting etc record).
to hit hard
She swiped the tennis ball over the net; He swiped at the wasp but didn't hit it.
to (make something) sound
He struck a note on the piano/violin; The clock struck twelve.
to impress, or give a particular impression to (a person)
I was struck by the resemblance between the two men; How does the plan strike you?; It / The thought struck me that she had come to borrow money.
Get even more translations for SLA
Kernerman English Multilingual Dictionary
- Translate SLA to Afrikaans Translate SLA to Arabic
- Translate SLA to Portuguese (BR) Translate SLA to Bulgarian
- Translate SLA to Czech Translate SLA to German
- Translate SLA to Danish Translate SLA to Greek
- Translate SLA to English Translate SLA to Spanish
- Translate SLA to Estonian Translate SLA to Farsi
- Translate SLA to French Translate SLA to Hebrew
- Translate SLA to Hindi Translate SLA to Croatian
- Translate SLA to Hungarian Translate SLA to Indonesian
- Translate SLA to Icelandic Translate SLA to Italian
- Translate SLA to Japanese Translate SLA to Korean
- Translate SLA to Lithuanian Translate SLA to Latvian
- Translate SLA to Malay Translate SLA to Dutch
- Translate SLA to Norwegian Translate SLA to Polish
- Translate SLA to Persian Translate SLA to Pashto
- Translate SLA to Portuguese Translate SLA to Romanian
- Translate SLA to Russian Translate SLA to Slovak
- Translate SLA to Slovenian Translate SLA to Serbian
- Translate SLA to Swedish Translate SLA to Thai
- Translate SLA to Turkish Translate SLA to Chinese (Trad.)
- Translate SLA to Ukrainian Translate SLA to Urdu
- Translate SLA to Vietnamese Translate SLA to Chinese (Simp.)